I have received information and materials from JOHNSON & JOHNSON CONSUMER, Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division, LLC. The opinions stated are my own. This is a sponsored post. #PositivelyPrepared #BacktoSchool #CollectiveBias
What to do One Week Before the First Day School
- Visit Your Kids’ School. If it’s your kids first time at that school, try to visit the school with him talk to his teacher, get to know his classroom etc..
- Shop Back To School Together. Even kids like shopping when it’s for them! Get them excited about school and take them to the story to buy their backpack, lunchbox school supplies, clothes , get them involved in the process.
- Re- Fresh their memory. Choose an hour a day and have them do some school work, either read a book and ask them questions about the story, math facts on the computer, spelling tests
- Make Back to School Fun! To make it easy for everyone, you can play educational games even do it in your backyard and play some games, some of our favorites are; Scrambled States, Brain Quest Smart Game, Word Play For Kids, flash cards are also fun.
- Make a Back to School Emergency Kit. We know back to school means germs and with kids accidents are around the corner, that’s why you gotta be prepared to avoid any surprises. A Back to School Emergency Kit is a must in case the occasional headache, a cold due to the change of weather, back or leg pains, from going out and about all day or exercising which it would be my case.
Putting together a Back to School Emergency Kit it’s very easy, here’s how:
- You can use a box or basket, I used an old metal cookie box.
- Place in the box products that will help the whole family to stay healthy. Back to school means lots if things, but it can also mean the introduction of a few more headaches and germs! The kids can get a fever and you gotta feel good to take care of them so you have to make sure you have the right pain relief on hand.
- Thew Items I included in the Back to School Emergency Kit are:
- Children’s MOTRIN®
- TYLENOL® PM
- Ultra Strength BENGAY® Cream
- Antibacterial Clear Bandages
- Cloth Gauze Pads
- Cotton Balls
- Antibiotic ointment
- Bed Routine. 3 days before school start sending kids to bed early at 8pm and wake them up early, start with 8am the first day, 7am the next day and 6am the third day, depending what time you need your kids to wake up.
- Remind them about their chores. Put their clothes in the laundry basket, pick op their plates after they finish eating etc..
- Sit Down and Talk To Them. Have a Back to school chat; Are they excited, nervous? Their goals, your expectations etc..
What to do the Night Before the First Day School.
- Plan a relax day. By now you should be ready for the first day of school so plan a relax day at the beach, the park and get home early.
- Make lunch together. Have your kids make their lunches with you to get them excited about the first day of school.
- Bed Time. Hopefully you started their bed routine 2 nights before so tonight should be easy. Start getting them ready for bed 30 minutes before their usual time, let’s say 7:30pm, put them in bed, read a book together, get them to relax so by 8:30pm everyone is in bed including you! So you can have all the energy you’ll need for the excitement of the first day of school.
What would you put in a Back to School Emergency Kit? Share it!