Christmas it’s my favorite time of the year, I listen to Christmas music all day, I watch holiday movies and I love to decorate my home for the most joyful season.
As you know my kids and I are big fans of anything Disney related so to celebrate the release of DuckTales “Woo-oo!” on DVD in December I decided to make Disney Inspired Christmas stockings. It’s very simple if you follow these steps.
- 4 stockings, I got mine at the 99 cents store for $1 each.
- You can use fabric or felt, I used both. I found the fabric at the crafts section of Walmart for $1 each and the felt at Michael’s for 79 cents. Here’s what you need for each character.
- For Minnie: polka dots fabric, black felt and yellow bow
- For Mickey: Black felt, two white buttons or white fabric and black fabric paint
- For Donald Duck: Blue, yellow and white fabric, red bow, two white buttons or white fabric and black fabric paint.
- Goofy: Orange, green, white and blue fabric, black fabric or pieces of ribbon for ears
- Black and white fabric paint
- Glue gun or glue for fabric.
Trace the stocking and make a pattern on a piece of paper.
For all them but Mickey, you’ll need to cover the stocking with a color fabric.
Place the pattern on the orange, blue and polka dots fabric, trace it and cut it.
Glue the pieces of fabric of the stockings and trace two half moons on each side of the stocking like shown below.
They look like these the right and left side of the bottom of the stockings. Cut both side and place them over the correct fabric for each character. This one is for Minnie, you’ll need to do the same for Mickey on black fabric, Donald Duck yellow and white fabric and blue for Goofy.
Glue all the half moons on the stockings. This one here is for Mickey.
Some stockings are more complicated than others because they have more details such as Goofy. At the top of the stocking, just below the white part, draw 2 squares around 4 x 4 these are for the teeth, glue them like the picture, mplace the two black ribbons on the side for the ears and use the green fabric for hat by gluing it on top the white part.
For Donald Duck, cut 2 pieces of yellow fabric or use thin yellow ribbon and glue it on a V position like the pictures shows, I also cut a triangle ( As shown on picture) to simulate Donald’s. Now you can glue the red bow.
Glue the white buttons on Mickey and Donald Duck. I used real buttons for Mickey and made the ones for Donald using white fabric and black paint.
You’ll also need to cut a piece of black fabric to cover the top white part of Mickey.
For the bows of Minnie and Donald Duck, you can buy them already made, make them with ribbon or like I did, I cut a long piece of the yellow and polka dots and fabric and made them myself.
Last, write the names on the top part of the stockings. I used the Disney font. Google Disney font and copy the letters. I traced the names with pencil first and then fabric paint.
For being my first time doing stockings I think I did a pretty good job don’t you think? They cost me less then $20 and about 3 hours. If you follow my steps it will be super easy and your family will love them!
And a great stocking stuffer would be DuckTales “Woo-oo!” Dvd which will be release on December 19th right on time for the Holidays!
Synopsis: From defying danger to solving mysteries, chart a course for action-packed thrills with DuckTales “Woo-oo!” The high-flying fun begins when Donald Duck reluctantly takes his mischief-making nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie to McDuck Manor, stately home of their rich, reclusive, great-uncle Scrooge McDuck. Enthralled by the exploits of their once-legendary great-uncle, the triplets and their fearless new friend Webby unwittingly unleash secret totems from Scrooge’s epic past, launching the entire family on a daring, deep-sea quest for the Lost City of Atlantis. Watch the trailer!
and TWO lucky Latina MOM fans can WIN a copy! All you have to do is:
- Comment Below, telling me: “Best stocking stuffer idea” I’ll select the two most original ideas.
- For extra points: Post a photo on my Facebook page tagging @TheLatinaMOM of a Disney Inspired Christmas stocking you made and say: “As a fan of Disney I made this Christmas stocking and I want to WIN a DVD copy of DuckTales “Woo-oo!” Via @TheLatinaMOM”
Giveaway ends on December 18th at midnight PT. Winner has 24 hours to respond to our email before another winner is selected. Giveaway is open to all U.S residents 18 years and older. Good Luck and Happy Holidays!