This is a sponsored post. As always all opinions are mine
One of my biggest memories growing up is Chocolate Abuelita or Mexican Chocolate, my grandmother use to make all kinds of recipes with it, from cakes, brownies and popcorn! One of my favorites and extremely simple and everyone loves it and it’s perfect for the Holidays.
To celebrate the upcoming movie The STAR in theaters November 17th.
I decided to prepare my grandma’s favorite , Popcorn With Chocolate Abuelita or “Palomitas a la Abuela” How she used to call them. She used to make us her famous popcorn on Christmas day and I remember always watching a Christmas movie while eating Popcorn With Chocolate Abuelita, so here’s the recipe:
- (1) bag of popcorn popped
- (1) tablet of Chocolate Abuelita (Mexican Chocolate)
- 1/4 milk
- Butter or Pam
- Make the popcorn how you usually make it.
- On a nonstick suacepan add a tablespoon of butter or spray Pam to make it healthier.
- Add the chocolate Abuelita to the saucepan and 2 tbsp of milk and stir it. The goal is to melt the chocolate until smooth whe stirred, NOT LIQUID.
- Transfer the popcorn to a bowl and drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn.
And don’t forget to go to the theaters on November 17th to watch The STAR a beautiful but very funny film about Christmas, watch the trailer:
My boys and I can’t wait to see it, specially because it has a great cast!
Such as Gina Rodriguez who voices Mary.
Oprah Winfrey Voices the hilarious but smart camel Deborah
And Mariah Carey sings the title track of the movie, The Star.
Don’t forget! The STAR movie in theaters November 17th On November 17, a great family film to kick off the Holiday festivities and witness the story of the first Christmas through a whole new set of eyes! For more information and showtimes visit The STAR Movie